UEE22020 Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
This qualification covers competencies for work entry program providing grounding in safety and basic skills and knowledge for work in any electrotechnology discipline. This qualifications provides the foundation skills and knowledge to assist with gaining an Electrical apprenticeship.
The intended vocational and educational outcomes of the course are:
- Essential work health and safety requirements within the Electrical industry
- The industrial and work organisation structure
- Communication, problem solving and work planning skills
- Basic use of electrical tools and materials
- How to test and tag appliances
This course is only offered through a VET in Schools arrangement.
Units of Competency
The successful completion of this qualification will result in the students being issued with a qualification with the following units:
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- UEECD0007 Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEECD0009 Carry out routine work activities in an energy sector environment
- UEECD0021 Identify and select components, accessories and materials for energy sector work activities
- UEECD0038 Provide solutions and report on routine electrotechnology problems
- UEECD0046 Solve problems in single path circuits
- UEECD0052 Use routine equipment/plant/technologies in an energy sector environment
- UEERE0021 Provide basic sustainable energy solutions for energy reduction in residential premises
- UEECD0008 Carry out preparatory energy sector work activities
- UEECD0019 Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- UEECD0020 Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- UEERL0001 Attach cords and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to a single phase 230 Volt supply
Funding options and Fees
- VETiS – VET Investment program funded by Department Education, Small Business and Training allows students to complete this with no out of pocket expenses.
- Fee For Service – $4520.00
Completion of an LLN quiz.
18 months (next intake commencing in Term 3, 2022)
Classroom based, 1 day a week (delivered in school term blocks)
Banyo Campus, 17 Armada Place, Banyo QLD 4014
Scarborough Campus, 294 Scarborough Road Scarborough QLD 4020
or contact us today to discuss delivery on your school premises.
Express your interest today for
our next July 2022 intake.
Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
Get more information about this course
More Electrotechnology Courses
Explore Other Industries
Building and Construction
Receive a nationally recognised qualification in the building and construction industry. From carpentry and plumbing, to roofing and any field under general construction, you will learn all the right skills to work onsite with success competently and safely.View Courses
Become qualified in an engineering trade specialising in a mechanical or fabrication career. You will gain practical and technical skills required for a manufacturing function, creating potential career opportunities across the resources and mining industries.View Courses