SITSS00069 Food Safety Supervision
This skill set is for food handling personnel or food safety supervisors working in tourism, hospitality and catering organisations with permanent or temporary kitchen premises, and smaller food preparation or bar areas. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills in hygienic practices and handling food safely during the storage, preparation, display, service, and disposal of food and understand the responsibilities of a Food Safety Supervisor.
A food safety supervisor is required to have experience and expertise relevant to the licensable food business and be able to supervise and give directions about food safety to persons in the food business, they add a level of protection for day-to-day food safety.
Additionally, the presence of a food safety supervisor at the food business is a crucial point of contact for both the local government and people who handle food in the food business.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment, which can be used as evidence for credits towards other qualifications within the Hospitality and Tourism training package.
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- Online – own location, home and/or workplace
- Fee for service
More Hospitality and Cookery Courses
- SIT20421 Certificate II in Cookery
- SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
- SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- SITSS00069 Food Safety Supervision