Qualified Technical Person (QTP) and Qualified Business Person (QBP)
The Queensland Electrical Contractor Qualified Technical Person (QTP) and Qualified Business Person (QBP) skill sets are essential industry requirements.
In Queensland, all electrical work performed by a licensed electrical contractor must be performed or supervised by a qualified technical person (QTP) who is endorsed on the licence. The QTP must be either an employee of the electrical contractor, member of the partnership, or an executive officer of the corporation.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to apply currency of safe working practice, to conduct compliance inspection of single-phase low voltage (LV) electrical installation and needed to conduct compliance inspection of low voltage (LV) electrical installation with demand exceeding 100 ampere (A) per phase.
For more information about the role of Qualified Technical Person (QTP) please visit the Worksafe Queensland website.
The Qualified Business Person (QBP) assists with the development and maintenance of business systems and processes that ensure the economic viability and risk management relevant to conducting electrical work. The QBP must be either an employee of the electrical contractor, member of the partnership, or an executive officer of the corporation.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to apply work health and safety regulations and codes of practices within an electrical workplace, undertake tasks associated to developing compliance policies and plans to conduct and electrical contracting business, identify and comply with legal and risk management requirements of the business or new business venture, including negotiating, creating and planning for legal contracts used within the business, where required.
On successfully completing the relevant units of competency, a Statement of Attainment will be issued to enable an Electrical Contractor to nominate a QTP and QBP on their Queensland Electrical Contractors Licence.
- UEEEL0002 Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations ($450.00)
- UEEEL0030 Conduct compliance inspection of single phase LV electrical installations ($400.00)
- UEEEL0029 Conduct compliance inspection of LV electrical installations with demand exceeding 100 A per phase ($400.00)
- UEECD0007 Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace ($330.00)
- UEEEL0040 Develop compliance policies and plans to conduct an electrical contracting business ($450.00)
- BSBESB402 Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures ($200.00)
- QTP – $1,250.00
- QBP – $980.00
- Online – own location, home, workplace.
- Practical component – Banyo Campus 17 Armada Place, Banyo.
- Fee for service
More Electrotechnology Courses
Explore Other Industries
Building and Construction
Receive a nationally recognised qualification in the building and construction industry. From carpentry and plumbing, to roofing and any field under general construction, you will learn all the right skills to work onsite with success competently and safely.View Courses
Become qualified in an engineering trade specialising in a mechanical or fabrication career. You will gain practical and technical skills required for a manufacturing function, creating potential career opportunities across the resources and mining industries.View Courses