VET in Schools
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is the perfect stepping stone for any young person enrolled in senior secondary wishing to obtain a career within a trade. VETiS provides students with practical experience and better employability outcomes, and assists with developing and improving their interpersonal skills.
Not only does VETiS training relate directly to work, students earn points towards their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and after successful completion they walk away with a nationally recognised qualification, ready to seek employment as an apprentice in their chosen trade.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
How can Australian Trade Training College help you and your school?
The Australian Trade Training College is recognised as a leading Registered Training Organisation with Schools across South East Queensland. Delivering multiple qualifications with a variety of flexible delivery modes, Australian Trade Training College are here to meet the needs of your school and continue the delivery of high quality face to face training.
What can you and your school expect?
- High quality face to face training and assessment
- A dedicated and qualified trainer and assessor with current industry experience
- A high quality online LMS platform to complete theory
- Training delivered at your school or our Australian Trade Training College campus
- Industry standard tools and equipment
- Monitoring of attendance and student progression
- Supply of student progression reports at the request of your school
If you are a student, parent or guardian you are required to consult your VET school coordinator to discuss course options to meet your school/timetable commitments.
For more information on the Australian Trade Training College training journey, please refer to the VETiS Student Handbook.
VETiS Funding and Eligibility
Eligible students can enrol and have their VETiS qualification funded through the VET Investment budget offered by the Queensland Government. For more information please visit the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website.
To be eligible students must:
- Be over 15 years of age
- Be undertaking year 10, 11 or 12 within a Queensland school
- Be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant) or hold temporary resident status with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- Be a permanent Queensland resident
- Not have enrolled in or completed another qualification funded by VETiS through the VET Investment program
A list of visa sub-classes for use as reference for eligibility is available for download.
Your school will be required to provide you with a supportive letter outlining your eligibility to receive VETiS funding. We have created the below VETiS School Letter template (below), to assist with this requirement.
If you are not eligible, don’t worry! You can still enrol and self-fund.
Check out our range of trades on offer:
Are you a student interested in our VET in Schools Program?