The length of your course is dependent upon a number of factors.
- Your current skills and knowledge – RPL application or application for credit transfer (where you already hold the unit of competency from previous training);
- The number of units in your training program;
- The level of the qualification being undertaken;
- Your ability to commit to the training program;
- Your ability to successfully complete assessment and demonstrate competency to workplace standards.
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) summarises the criteria of different qualification levels and gives an indication of the complexity, depth of achievement, knowledge, skills and levels of autonomy required to achieve a qualification at different levels. You may access a copy of the AQF from the website: https://www.aqf.edu.au/
Duration of apprenticeships or traineeships
If you are enrolled in an Apprenticeship/Traineeship program your course duration is determined by your training contract with the Queensland Government Department of Education and Training (DET).