Restricted Electrical Licence (Qld)
The Australian Trade Training College offers individuals and groups of employees, training in the specified units to obtain a restricted electrical licence in Queensland.
This licence limits an individual to specific electrical work associated with work from another trade or calling. Your need to perform this electrical work must be legitimate, just saving time or money are not good enough reasons to obtain a licence in the eyes of the regulator.
Examples of trades and callings that may be eligible for a restricted electrical work licence include:
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment tradespeople
- Motor and armature rewinders
- Electronic equipment technicians
- Gas fitters
- Instrumentation/process control tradespeople
- Mechanical fitters
Section 44 of the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 describes the eligibility requirements for a restricted electrical work licence.
On successful completion of the required units of competency, a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
- UEECD0007 – Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace ($360)
- UEERL0001 – Attach cords and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to a single phase 230 Volt supply ($360)
- UEERL0002 – Attach cords, cables and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to 1000 Va.c. or 1500 Vd.c. ($360)
- UEERL0003 – Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies ($360)
- UEERL0004 – Disconnect-reconnect electrical equipment connected to low voltage (LV) installation wiring ($1080)
- UEERL0005 – Locate and rectify faults in low voltage (LV) electrical equipment using set procedures ($360)
More Electrotechnology Courses
Explore Other Industries
Building and Construction
Receive a nationally recognised qualification in the building and construction industry. From carpentry and plumbing, to roofing and any field under general construction, you will learn all the right skills to work onsite with success competently and safely.View Courses
Become qualified in an engineering trade specialising in a mechanical or fabrication career. You will gain practical and technical skills required for a manufacturing function, creating potential career opportunities across the resources and mining industries.View Courses