UEE32211 Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (Context Gap)
This specific program is aligned to address units required by individuals from overseas to have their skills formally recognised in Australia. The selected units cover the contextualised gap training required for them to gain the full Australian Qualification. It includes Australian regulatory requirements for purchasing and handling refrigerants.
The Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Legislation Amendment Bill 2003 apply to this qualification.
Who is eligible for the Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (Context Gap)
Entry to this course is strictly limited to holders of an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) for CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing.
It is a requirement that learners be in relevant employment so work hours can be logged and employer verified for completion.
Requirements for completion of this qualification
To be awarded this qualification, competency must be achieved in units of competency made up of the following;
- UEENEEE101A – Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEENEEE137A – Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- UEENEEE103A – Solve problems in ELV single path circuits
- UEENEEP012A – Disconnect / reconnect composite appliances connected to low voltage installation wiring
- UEENEEJ108A – Recover, pressure test, evacuate, charge and leak test refrigerants
- UEENEEJ107A – Install air conditioning and refrigeration systems, major components and associated equipment
- UEENEEJ111A – Diagnose and rectify faults in air conditioning and refrigeration systems and components
- UEENEEJ109A – Verify functionality and compliance of refrigeration and air conditioning installations
- UEENEEP017A – Locate and rectify faults in low voltage composite appliances using set procedures
- UEENEEP024A – Attach cords and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to a single phase 230 Volt supply
- UEENEEP025A – Attach cords, cables and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to 1000 Va.c. or 1500 Vd.c. supply
Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (Context Gap)
Get more information about this course
More Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Courses
Explore Other Industries
Building and Construction
Receive a nationally recognised qualification in the building and construction industry. From carpentry and plumbing, to roofing and any field under general construction, you will learn all the right skills to work onsite with success competently and safely.View Courses
Electrotechnology includes the design, maintenance, installation and repair for all electrical and electronic equipment. The technology stretches across many sectors including mining, manufacturing, ICT and communications, construction, renewables, domestic and commercial refrigeration and air-conditioning.View Courses
Become qualified in an engineering trade specialising in a mechanical or fabrication career. You will gain practical and technical skills required for a manufacturing function, creating potential career opportunities across the resources and mining industries.View Courses