ICTSS00084 Basic Open Cabler Registration Skill Set
The purpose of this program is set to address the skills and knowledge required to install, maintain and modify telecommunications customer cabling in domestic and commercial premises in accordance with Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) requirements for ‘Open’ Registration. The Units from this skill set contribute to the ACMA training required for individuals to apply for the requirements for an Open Cabling Registration Licence with a registrar of their own choosing.
This course is suitable to new or existing workers in the telecommunications industry who wish to be employed as open registered cablers (Telecommunication Technician) in accordance with ACMA requirements.
Upon successful completion of the required units of competencies a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
- ICTCBL247 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
- ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks
- ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- Online – own location, home, workplace
- Practical component – Banyo Campus 17 Armada Place, Banyo
- Fee for service
- ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation ($600)
- ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable ($300)
- Cluster units – ICTCBL301 and ICTCBL303 ($800)